We seek: Process/Thermodynamic Engineer
Oslo or Glomfjord, Norway
Type of position
Tocircle Industries is a Norwegian Cleantech company specializing in design and production of innovative rotating equipment (compressors, turbines, pumps and expanders), the heart of waste heat recovery solutions.
These solutions are implemented in production facilities to increase energy efficiency and significantly reduce CO₂ emissions.
Tocircle’s proprietary MVR (Mechanical Vapor Recompression) is a compact system used to directly turn waste and “dirty” steam from industrial processes into usable energy.
The company is in an exciting phase and needs to strengthen its engineering team to successfully design and deliver the next MVRs in client’s production sites.
We are looking for a talented Process/Thermodynamic engineer.
The position reports to the Chief Technology Officer. The Process/Thermodynamic engineer shall be responsible for applying theories of heat and energy transfer to bring practical solutions to technical challenges. That includes the design, development and testing of machinery.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Take full responsibilities for process/thermodynamics activities from early phase to project completion
- Review technical requirements and specifications for rotating machinery
- Carry out thermodynamic simulations/calculations and develop process design
- Contribute to the continuous development of product modeling by constantly improving Tocircle’s tools and methods
- Coordinate actions with the mechanical engineering team
- Provide technical assistance to the business development manager to respond to clients’ requests
- Make sure that all technical implementations are done according to project specifications
- Ensure operational compliance with the company QHSE policy
- Create high-quality reports and technical documentation packages in English
Qualifications and personal attributes:
- M.Sc. or PhD in Process engineering/Thermodynamics
- Minimum 5-year experience from similar position
- Excellent theoretical understanding of thermodynamics
- Experience from thermodynamic systems, especially heat pump systems and/or other waste heat recovery systems
- Experience from rotary machinery and process control will be an advantage
- Ability to prepare reports and technical documentation
- Self-driven, hands-on and team oriented
- Eager to develop competences in line with Tocircle’s technology needs
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in English – Norwegian will definitely be an advantage
This is your chance to be part of an expanding organization addressing the environmental challenges and learn about innovative clean technology from experienced colleagues! Tocircle Industries offers competitive salary, relevant insurances and other benefits.
Please send your application letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an urgent need.